Men believe a lot of lies of the enemy. Here are 10:
- If people knew the real me, they’d reject me.
- I can never do enough.
- My life is insignificant.
- I owe it to myself to be happy.
- I’m not good enough (as a dad, husband, etc.) and I’ll never be good enough.
- I don’t have what it takes to be a man (hat tip to John Eldredge).
- I need more stuff.
- I’m a failure.
- I can make it on my own.
- God has abandoned me.
“This is what the Lord says to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations before him and to strip kings of their armor, to open doors before him so that gates will not be shut:
I will go before you and will level the mountains;
I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.
I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel,
who summons you by name.” – Isaiah 45:1-3